Helping clubs across London and Surrey
The image of cricket on the Village Green is intrinsically linked with a halcyon Englishness that evokes summer days, picnics and a babbling brook.
Ensuring the survival and nourishment of all clubs – from the heart of rural Surrey to the those in the shadow of London tower blocks – is a vital part of ensuring cricket’s place in the heart of our communities.
Through the Surrey Cricket Board, the club:
- Works with all 480 cricket clubs in Surrey to promote development and competition
- Helps clubs work towards accredited ECB ‘Club Mark’ status
- Provides financial support for facilities development
- Supports clubs who make external grant applications, increasing volunteering and junior development
- Provides regular ticket opportunities at the Kia Oval
- For more information on club cricket within Surrey, please click here
Ryman Surrey Championship
Surrey Cricket Board work closely with the Ryman Surrey Championship – the leading amateur cricket league in Surrey – offering support wherever required.
The includes helping Surrey’s professional players to regularly play for their clubs, publishing a weekly summary of Premier League results on the official club website and assisting clubs with all facets of promotion and administration.
Other Cricket Leagues
The club also works closely with the numerous other cricket leagues throughout the country – from historic competitions such as the Fullers League to modern leagues like the British Tamil League.
As part of this work the Board collaborates with over 15 leagues to ensure the cricket on offer is competitive, relevant, safe and inclusive to all players. Over an average summer’s week in Surrey and south London over 1,000 players are in action.
For more information on the work of the Surrey Cricket Board, and to find out how we can help your criket club, please click here