Published: 1st November, 2019
On Sunday 18th August, the Surrey Cricket Foundation hosted their Outstanding Services to Cricket Awards 2019 designed to recognise volunteers who work tirelessly at their clubs around the county.
Presented by our guest players the 10 awards were handed out too those who go above and beyond at their club to ensure they are run smoothly and are a place in which many people want to spend their summer at and the clubs are indebted to their hard work.
We will be sharing profiles of each of our worthy winners to highlight the work that goes in around the county, these individuals are the reason our sport is so special.
Our fifth winner and award for the Pro-Active Leadership on the day was Graham Mann of Walton-on-Thames CC. Graham was nominated because:
“Graham makes things happen. He has brought vision and new thinking into the club. He started 15 years ago helping with junior section where his son was a keen participant and soon took over the role as Head of Juniors before becoming Chairman in 2012.
Graham has achieved many things in that time the most notable being:
- The development of a girls section
- A community outreach programme that involves disability cricket and Chance to Shine initiative in local schools.
- The inception of a Beer and Wine festival (now in its fourth year) that brings in revenue for the club and two local charities.
- Reciprocal relationships with local businesses
- Development of the club website and social media communication links
The scale of Graham’s contribution should not be underestimated, and it would be great if he were to receive some formal recognition.”