EXPLORE THE BIRTHPLACE OF MODERN ENGLISH SPORT DURING A GROUND TOUR OF THE KIA OVAL!
Since 1845 Surrey County Cricket Club has been based at The Oval, an iconic location for its history and the Grade II listed gasholder that has overlooked the ground since 1847.
The Oval is the birthplace of modern English sport. In 1880, it became the first ground to host Test cricket in England. Following on from this in 1882, it became the birthplace of the Ashes, when England famously lost to Australia, which led to the Obituary of English cricket in the Sporting Times. The Oval also hosted the first ever FA Cup final, the first international football match in England in 1870 as well as the first ever the first rugby union international.
Over the course of the tour you will have behind the scenes access to our most exclusive areas including: Micky Stewart Members’ Pavilion, Media Suites*, Dressing Rooms and, at certain times when ground staff grant permission, getting to walk onto the outfield!
The tour will give you the chance to:
- Spend time in the Micky Stewart Members’ Pavilion, including the Long Room with portraits of Surrey and England legends from Hayward, Hobbs and Sandham, and the Honours Boards for both the Men’s and the Women’s game
- Browse the Club Museum, home to the world’s oldest attributed cricket bat
- Enter the Away Dressing Room, and look for the names of the greats on its’ unique wall of signatures
- Take a seat in the Test Match Special commentary box and see if you do better than your favourite commentators
- Go pitch side and see the world famous Grade II listed Gasholder
- Enjoy sweeping panoramic views across the whole of London from the top of the JM Finn or MAR Galadari Stand
EXPERIENCE THE KIA OVAL LIKE NEVER BEFORE
Afternoon Tea & Tour
Enjoy a spectacular day of cricket with us at the Kia Oval, where you can watch Surrey, the current county champions, play and see behind the scenes tour of the ground before enjoying a first-class Afternoon Tea!
Owned by the Duchy of Cornwall and home to Surrey Cricket Club since 1845, you can follow in the footsteps of cricketing greats with access to some of the most exclusive parts of the ground on your ground tour. Watched over by the world-famous Grade II listed Gasholder, you will discover amazing history in the Pavilion and spend time in the Club Museum. You can take in breath-taking views of the ground and across London, from the top of the JM Finn or MAR Galadari Stands. You will also spend time in the Broadcast and Media Suites, including the TMS box and broadcast suites.
Included in your visit is an Afternoon Tea, specially prepared and catered for by our award-winning hospitality team, with views out over the ground from the 175 Suite.
Enjoy a day with us at the birthplace of modern English sport.
Pricing starting from £55 per person
Please note Afternoon Tea tours take place during standard hours of play.