GENERAL TICKET PURCHASE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Tickets will be issued at the discretion of Kennington Oval Limited (KOL) and its authorised agents on the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Any person who purchases, possesses or attempts to use a ticket issued under these Terms and Conditions (“Ticket(s)”) shall be deemed to have accepted and agreed to have complied with these Terms and Conditions:
- KOL reserves the right to refuse the sale of Tickets to individuals or agencies if it reasonably believes such person or persons are intending to re-sell such Tickets. KOL also reserves the right to refuse the sale of Tickets to anyone who is subject to a current prohibition preventing them from purchasing Tickets due to a prior contravention of KOLs ticket Terms and Conditions.
- KOL reserve the right to cancel any orders exceeding the stated Ticket limit including any orders made by customers having the same name, billing address or credit card details.
- We reserve the right to cancel your ticket(s) due to events beyond our reasonable control and/or should we believe it is reasonable to do so on health and safety grounds. If we cancel your ticket(s) in such circumstances, you will be eligible for a refund of the face value of the ticket(s) (which shall not include any initial booking / administration fee, if applicable, which shall be non-refundable). We have absolute discretion as to which tickets to cancel in a situation where reduced capacity at the venue result in a requirement to cancel a proportion of tickets.
- We reserve the right to impose health and safety related conditions which attendees must comply with (including but not limited to the provision of details of all attendees for Test and Trace purposes). Any attendees refusing to comply with such conditions may have their ticket(s) cancelled, be refused entry or removed from the venue.
- We shall not be liable to you for failure to perform any of our obligations to the extent that the failure is caused by an event beyond our reasonable control. Personal arrangements and expenditure, including travel, accommodation and other costs and expenses incurred by you relating to a match which have been arranged by you are at your own risk, and we shall not be responsible or liable to you for any wasted or unrecoverable costs or expenditure in relation to such personal arrangements, even if caused as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or alteration of a match for which you have purchased tickets.
- Unless via our own official ticket exchange tickets may not, under any circumstances, be auctioned, offered for sale or re-sold above face value (whether by an applicant or any third party). Any Tickets auctioned, offered for sale or re-sold above face value (whether on the internet or elsewhere and whether by an applicant or any third party), shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such Ticket shall be nullified.
- Ticket(s) shall not, without the prior written permission of KOL be:
All Tickets remain the property of KOL at all times and we reserve the right to move the location of bookings.
- Anyone who sells or transfers Tickets not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions will risk losing the right to purchase Tickets for a period of 4 years from the date of such breach. Any decision as to the loss of such rights shall be taken by KOL or its nominated representatives and any person(s) affected by such loss of rights shall have the right to appeal to KOL in accordance with the policy in place by KOL from time to time and which is available at www.kiaoval.com.
- The applicant assumes absolute responsibility for all Tickets purchased in his/her name and will be penalised in accordance with these Terms and Conditions if any Tickets allocated to him/her are used or offered for sale in contravention of these Terms and Conditions, whether or not such contravention took place with the knowledge of the applicant.
- Tickets are issued subject to the Ground Regulations established by KOL from time to time and KOL shall be entitled to refuse admission to any Ticket holder in reasonable circumstances and shall give written reasons if requested. A copy of the full Ground Regulations currently in force is available on The Kia Oval Official Website at https://www.kiaoval.com/kia-oval-ground-regulations/ and is also available on application from the ticket office at Surrey County Cricket Club.
- KOL reserves the right to refuse admission or cancel the booking without notification (and without refund or compensation) to anyone who has acquired a Ticket in breach of these Terms and Conditions (an ‘Unlawful Ticket’). Unlawful Ticket holders will, if necessary, be ejected from the stadium, without refund or compensation, after they have entered the ground and may be liable to legal action.
- No person who is subject to a life ban imposed and/or recognised by the ICC, the ECB or any other ICC Member as a result of a breach of any applicable ICC, ECB or other ICC Member rules, regulations, codes or directives shall be permitted to enter the ground and any such person found within the ground on the day of the match shall be liable to immediate removal from the ground.
- No exchanges are made or refunds given, other than those covered under the appropriate rain check policy. Once a booking has been made it cannot be altered.
- In the event of curtailment or cancellation of play due to rain KOL shall operate any refund or reimbursement which may be due to the applicant in accordance with its rain check policy, the full details of which are available at www.kiaoval.com.
KOL reserve the right to cancel, curtail, postpone or make alterations to the time, date, duration and location of any match in the event of unforeseen circumstances, including (without limitation), force majeure, safety and security concerns or other cause beyond the reasonable control of KOL. In the event of such action being taken, KOL shall not be liable for any refund, loss (including indirect or consequential loss), damage or expense caused.
Should circumstances dictate that the opposition are unable to tour, ECB and KOL reserve the right to substitute opposition of International status.
- Duplicate Tickets will only be issued as a replacement for a Ticket that has been lost, stolen or mislaid. Any child rate tickets that have been purchased in advance can be transferred to an adult ticket upon payment of the relevant seat price. There are no downgrades on Tickets. Requests made for a duplicate Ticket [or transfer of an Under 16 to an adult Ticket] must be made by the original purchaser.
- The minimum age for a young person to attend the event unaccompanied is 14 years old. This minimum age is in line with many other sports stadia and major venues. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to check before buying tickets for the event that they can comply with these age restrictions.
- While there is a lower age limit in place, it is for parents/carers to judge if their child needs to be accompanied, even if the child is older than the imposed age limit. Parents/carers are responsible for deciding if it is safe and appropriate to allow their unaccompanied child to attend the Club event, based on their understanding of their child’s general developmental maturity and awareness of the potential risks.
- Tickets will be distributed in accordance with KOLS distribution procedures, details of which are available from the Kia Oval ticket office upon request.
- If KOL reasonably suspect an applicant has committed a ticket touting offence, it will notify the ECB who may in turn notify other First Class Counties and the Marylebone Cricket Club and/or the relevant law enforcement authorities. By making an application for Tickets, the applicant agrees that KOL may disclose the applicant’s details for these purposes.
KOL reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Where such change materially affects the rights of the applicant (and when the application has resulted in a purchase), the applicant will have the right to a full refund.
- Applicants have entered into these Terms and Conditions for themselves and, where more than one Ticket is issued to the applicant, on behalf of the person accompanying them. Applicants must inform the person accompanying them of these Terms and Conditions and obtain their agreement to abide by them.
- Applicants acknowledge (regardless of whether they are allocated any Tickets) that KOL may use any information provided during their application for the purpose of processing applications and for KOL enforcement of its legal rights.
- By attending The Kia Oval, ticket holders consent to photography, filming and sound recording of themselves as spectators and members of the crowd. KOL its licensees and those authorised by it may use such photographs, films and recordings (including any copies) without compensation or credit.
- All Ticket Holders who enter the Kia Oval (“the Ground”) acknowledge that Matches are public, and that their appearance and actions inside and in the perimeter of the Ground where a Match occurs are public in nature, and that they shall have no expectation of privacy with regard to their actions or conduct at Matches. All Ticket Holders hereby consent that photographic images and/or audio, visual and/or audio-visual recordings and/or feeds (and/or stills taken therefrom) may be taken of them and may also be used, by way of example and without limitation, in televised/streamed coverage of the game and/or for promotional, training, editorial or marketing purposes by KOL (“the Club”), its commercial partners or accredited media organisations. Ticket Holders who enter the Ground hereby acknowledge that entry to the Ground constitutes consent for the use of this content by the Club without compensation or credit.
- Ticket Holders further acknowledge that photographic images and/or audio, visual and/or audio-visual recordings and/or feeds (and/or stills taken therefrom) may be used by the Club or by a third party (such as a law enforcement body) for the purposes of preventing or detecting crime, or any breach of these Terms & Conditions.
- Attendees who are parents, guardians or responsible adults accompanying Ticket Holders under 15 years of age shall be deemed to have provided consent on their behalf.
- Any Ticket holder attending The Kia Oval shall not (other than for their own private and domestic use) record, use or transmit over the internet, radio, television or any other current or future media, any sound, image, recording or description of the match taking place (including any results, statistics, information or other data in respect of the match, whether in whole or in part) or the grounds of The Kia Oval or to assist any other person(s) conducting such activities.
- Restricted View (RV) definition: An seat categorised as RV means that your view will never be completely impeded and you will be able to see the majority of the wicket, including both bowlers’ run ups and at least one replay screen. Depending on your location within the ground, a portion of the boundary rope and/or outfield will be blocked from view. Whether a seat is defined as RV will be determined by The Kia Oval/Surrey County Cricket Club in its sole discretion. Tickets purchased with the RV category will not be entitled to a refund at the time of the event or after the match day. Ticket holders may be able to move their purchased seat(s) to a non-restricted view area by paying an upgrade subject to availability.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable the provision shall be amended in a reasonable manner or it may be severed from the terms. In either event the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions (and the Ground Regulations) constitute the entire agreement between the parties and no party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these Terms and Conditions which is not already set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Notwithstanding the foregoing, KOL reserve the right to pursue legal proceedings in a competent court of the applicant/Ticket holders’ domicile, where such proceedings shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit KOL liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other type of liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law. KOL aggregate liability in all other circumstances shall otherwise be limited to the face value of the applicant’s Ticket(s).
These Terms and Conditions shall not affect a person’s statutory rights as a consumer.
Any person not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Surrey County Cricket Club will not charge a transaction fee for debit or credit card payments, and any postage costs, if applicable, will be clearly advertised. There will be no charge when e-ticket is selected.
Are you looking for our Refund policy?
Kia Oval, Kennington
Last Updated: Just Now