We’re working to change lives & inspire people in Surrey & South London from all backgrounds through the game of cricket.
The Surrey Cricket Foundation is the charitable body charged with the delivery of recreational cricket in Surrey and an integral part of Surrey County Cricket Club.
We work with schools, clubs, charities and governing bodies to increase participation in the sport amongst all demographics. This includes introducing people to cricket, offering a range of coaching and finding suitable clubs. We also work to provide the infrastructure required to allow the game to thrive, including funding new facilities and training new coaches and umpires.
In 2021, almost 15,000 cricket matches were staged in the county with just shy of 11,000 children receiving regular coaching through the Surrey Cricket Foundation.
We are funded through a number of partnerships, including the ECB and Surrey County Cricket Club, as well as our own range of events including the annual Bedser Lunch, staged the day before The Kia Oval’s Test match.
For more information and to get in contact with the team, visit our website here.
For 2022, the Foundation has drafted 11 key ambitions. These are:
- Develop, launch and deliver an Equality, Diversity and Action plan for Surrey
- Launch Street Child United programme
- Embed the Vauxhall Loop programme across 14 days of delivery throughout the year
- Deliver an expanded programme of personal development initiatives linked to street and disability work
- Expand Women & Girl’s offering through women’s softball programme, dedicated workforce support and a girls development programme alongside the Surrey County Cricket Club pathways department
- Grow and improve national programmes to reach 3,750 kids, including 28% girls and dedicated VI programmes
- Begin delivery of the Workforce plan including launching the young leaders in cricket programme, improve national programme activator support and expanded coach and teacher training programmes
- Support 50 clubs to grow through tailored development support, including delivery of the county grants fund
- Finalise, launch and embed the Facilities Strategy
- Raise the profile, following and database of the Foundation
- Launch a vastly expanded fundraising and events programme
Kia Oval, Kennington
Last Updated: Just Now