Surrey Cricket Foundation have engaged up to 100 local children this week in free activities at many of the attractions in the area around The Kia Oval.
With South London schools now out for summer, parents are always on the lookout for ways to keep their children entertained. And what better to way get to know Surrey County Cricket Club and the many fun things in the surrounding area of Vauxhall, than a week of interesting pastimes?
As well as cricket sessions with coaches from the Foundation and IT & coding lessons at The Kia Oval’s Ben Hollioake Learning Centre, up to 100 local kids got to visit the animals at Vauxhall City Farm, scale the heights at Vauxwall Climbing Centre and get creative with Art4Space.
Available to children in school years between 3-6 from Oval, Vauxhall & Kennington, the event also included a free breakfast & lunch each day as well as tickets to a match at The Kia Oval in the new The Hundred competition.
The full list of activities are below:
- Arts & crafts at Art4Space
- Performing Arts with the Boury Academy
- Cricket with the Surrey Cricket Foundation
- Farming with Vauxhall City Farm
- Rock Climbing with Vauxwall Climbing Centre
- Gardening with VGERTA
- Cooking with the Soul Shack
- Sports with Black Prince Trust
- IT/Coding with the Ben Hollioake Learning Centre
- DJing with Wrights Academy
This was the first time Surrey Cricket Foundation have completed this kind of event and they will be looking to do similar in the years to come. To ensure you don’t miss out in future years, follow Surrey Cricket Foundation on social media.