Up to £27,000
per annum dependant on experience
- 23 days holiday per year
- Club Bonus Scheme
- Non-Contributory Pension scheme
- Private Health Care
As part of the Data & Insight Team, you will help the Club to harness the power of data by creating intelligent solutions to provide vital insights that inform decision making throughout the business.
You will have a responsibility to help deliver the strategies that drive sales for the major revenue streams of the Club. These include: Vitality Blast Tickets, International Test Match and One-Day International Tickets, Membership, Retail, Hospitality, Sponsorship and Conferences and Events (C&E).
This an exciting opportunity to join the team, and help set the direction for the use of analysis and data to create insight across the organisation and assist with decision making.
The role will work closely with our data agency, Two Circles, and members of staff across the different commercial departments.
- creating centralised dashboards and reporting resources, automating and improving internal processes as much as possible
- providing commercial reporting and analysis that delivers high level detail to drilldown on specific customers and behaviours
- assisting with the design, implementation and upkeep of a purpose-built CRM platform to improve customer retention and acquisition
- using data & technology to improve the customer journey and business efficiency
- presenting actionable insight to senior stakeholders and identifying opportunities for revenue growth
- keeping customer data cleansed and easily accessible
- maintaining a healthy relationship with Two Circles to fully utilise their expertise and resources
- running ad-hoc analysis upon request to influence marketing decision making.
- Educated to at least degree level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for numbers and identifying trends and stories through data
- Excellent time management, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Problem solver with a curiosity and willingness to learn new things
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience using PowerBI (or similar) to create reports/dashboards
- Awareness of Data Protection, Privacy and Governance principles, e.g. GDPR
- Enthusiastic and proactive with a can-do attitude
- Organised, and able to work independently towards a given goal
- Ability to remain calm and focused when under pressure
- Passionate about service delivery and continual improvement
- Experience of, or a keen interest in, the business of sport
- Basic knowledge of SQL (or similar querying language)
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM systems
How To Apply
Please e-mail your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for this role and stating current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is the 1st December at 5pm.
Surrey County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of any of the protected characteristics.
We are actively encouraging applications from a diverse range of applicants to ensure we are attracting and hiring candidates who may be underrepresented in the organisation. We particularly encourage applications from Women and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds in line with our strategic vision and business priorities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.