per annum dependant on experience
- 23 days holiday
- 5% bonus scheme
- 8-12% Non-Contributory Pension scheme
- Private Health Care
- International Cricket Tickets at Kia Oval
Do you remember your favourite teacher, dance instructor, music tutor or sports coach? For so many of us, our lives were changed by these incredible people. What was it that made them so great? The chances are they made their lessons fun, had a contagious passion and were great with people. Cricket is changing and we need brilliant, energetic people like this to help us.
In partnership with the ECB and Sky, we have a bold plan to inspire thousands of children across the country to participate in our great game. If you’re someone who is passionate about inspiring disadvantaged kids to get active, and bringing communities together, then we want to hear from you. You don’t need any cricket experience – more important than this is an unshakable can-do attitude and an ability to form and nurture relationships to bring new people into the game.
We are looking for an individual whose responsibility it will be to develop relationships with local community groups (including Council Departments, Schools, Leisure Centres and Faith Groups) and work with them to provide free Dynamos Cricket opportunities for children from Lower Socio-Economic Groups and Ethnic Minorities. The individuals will also be required to support with the delivery of sessions directly to these participants, though no prior cricket delivery knowledge is required.
- Creating, developing and nurturing new and existing relationships with local
- Providing Dynamos Cricket sessions to children in local schools and
- Assisting existing Surrey Cricket Foundation staff with recruitment and
engagement of volunteers
- Developing a strategy to train and deploy volunteers across your area
- Managing the monitoring and evaluation of the project, providing monthly
updates for the Surrey Cricket Foundation, Sky and the ECB.
- Managing and monitoring a local budget
Please note that whilst the main responsibility of this role is relationship building and
stakeholder management with local community groups, there will also be an expectation to
support with the delivery of sessions – no prior coaching qualification is needed as we will
provide all required training
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Experience in end-to-end project management including budgets and monitoring and
- Experience in sales is preferable (specific experience of sales within the sports
industry is not required)
- An understanding of the communities that live in South London and how to engage
them through cricket
- An inspirational, nurturing leadership style
- A passion for holistically developing people
- An enthusiasm for delivering activity to young people
- A track record of successfully delivering projects involving a number of partners
How To Apply
Please forward your cv to and a covering letter as to why you are suitable for this post
quoting to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 1st February 2023. Please keep 9th February 2023 free for
Surrey County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of any of the protected characteristics.
We are actively encouraging applications from a diverse range of applicants to ensure we are attracting and hiring candidates who may be underrepresented in the organisation. We particularly encourage applications from Women and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds in line with our strategic vision and business priorities.
Surrey County Cricket Club is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and adults at risk that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting, including the disclosure of criminal records if required and the seeking of references. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our organisation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.