£31,668 (pro rata for term of the contract £21,112)
per annum dependant on experience
- March to October
- 23 days holiday per year (pro rota)
- Non-Contributory Pension scheme
- Free Staff Meals
- Membership for domestic games and Tickets for International Games
An excellent opportunity to progress your skills in an environment, which encourages continued professional development and strives to be the best. Within this role there will be prospect if desired for the candidate to move on to Full time Groundsperson role on acquiring the relevant experience and qualifications.
- Ensuring the Club’s playing surfaces are maintained and presented to the highest possible standards using the latest turf care machinery, equipment, and techniques.
- All aspects of cricket ground preparation and renovation including deploying rain covers, mowing, marking out, erection and dismantling of Practice nets and the operation of pedestrian and tractor mounted machinery.
- Lead and guide casual ground staff as required enabling the smooth running of Matchdays and non-matchdays.
- Routine maintenance of turf care machinery
- Maintain health and safety in the workplace and comply with company procedures and guidelines.
- All other duties consistent with grounds preparation at an industry leading sporting venue
- Ability to work in a team and on own as required.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Good communicator
- Desire to push the boundaries.
- Flexible approach to working, as the role will include weekend work and some anti-social hours.
- A can-do attitude
Experiences and/or Qualifications
- Experience or at least an interest in cricket pitch preparation
- Turf science qualification desirable.
- Good all round Turf care knowledge.
- PA1, PA2 & PA6 Safe use of Pesticide, qualifications are desirable.
- A driving license preferable.
How To Apply
Please e-mail your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter outlining why you are suitable
for this role and stating current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is the 30th January 2023.
Surrey County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive
equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair
discrimination on the grounds of any of the protected characteristics.
We are actively encouraging applications from a diverse range of applicants to ensure we
are attracting and hiring candidates who may be underrepresented in the organisation.
We particularly encourage applications from Women and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic
(BAME) backgrounds in line with our strategic vision and business priorities.
Surrey Cricket is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people
and adults at risk that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a process of vetting,
including the disclosure of criminal records if required and the seeking of references. We
ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote
safeguarding and safer working practice across our organisation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.