Sangakkara & Finch up for ICC awards - Kia Oval Skip to main content

Former Surrey players Kumar Sangakkara & Aaron Finch have both been nominated for ICC Awards of the Decade.

Sri Lanka great Sangakkara is up for both the Men’s Player of the Decade and ODI Player of the Decade while Finch is shortlisted for the T20I Player of the Decade.

Playing for Surrey between 2015 and 2017, Sangakkara scored 5391 runs for the Club after 15 years representing his country.

Australia white-ball captain Finch played for Surrey for four seasons of T20 cricket between 2016 & 2019, scoring 1735 runs in that format alone.

The ICC Awards of The Decade will recognise the best players across cricket over the past 10 years, and the for the first time the fans’ voice will be heard in selecting the winners across categories including the Sir Garfield Sobers and Rachael Heyhoe Flint Awards, which celebrate the best overall player from the men’s and women’s game over the past decade.

The fan vote will make up 10% of the voting, while votes from an expert panel will make up the remaining 90%. Fans can vote online and get a chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to watch an ICC Men’s T20 World Cup match and much more