Competitive rate of pay
- Hours of work: flexible, dependent of the planned fixtures. Weekend and bank holiday working
Want to become part of a winning team? Are you passionate about cricket, love being outdoors, hardworking, and have solid Groundsmanship skills? Then we may have the right opportunity for you
- Wicket preparation: Covering, cutting, verticutting, watering, rolling, marking out etc.
- Match day duties: Set up practice facilities/fielding nets, positioning boundary rope, setting out fielding discs, positioning sightscreens, setting up advertising boards, sweeping wicket at interval, repairing foot holes, re-marking wicket.
- Mowing/presentation, verticutting, fertilising, Areation, repairing wickets, re-seeding, watering and covering up,
- Maintenance, repair and setting up of all grounds care machinery.
- Application of pesticides (if qualified).
- Perform pre-start checks and routine maintenance to turfcare machinery.
- Ability to work as a team
- Can do attitude
- Willing to learn
- Good communicator
- Attention to detail / Pride in the work
- Hard working
Experience and/or Qualifications:
- Excellent groundsmanship skills and ideally some experience of preparing a cricket wicket
- Good all round Groundsmanship/horticultural knowledge.
- Turf science qualification or equivalent desirable but not essential
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance on equipment
- Spraying qualifications
How To Apply
So if this describes you and you want to join a fantastic team we’d love to hear from you
Please forward your cv to email@example.com
Surrey County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.