Surrey County Cricket Club will be seeking the approval of the Members at the upcoming Annual General Meeting in April for certain amendments to the Club Rules.
These amendments are required to ensure that:
- The Club Rules are appropriate and relevant to the current scale of the Club and its activities and to the environment in which it operates.
- We have governance processes which best serve the mission and interests of the Club and its Members.
- We comply with the ECB County Partnership Agreement.
The County Partnership Agreement determines the roles and funding distributions between ECB and its County partners. As part of these agreements, the ECB has developed a set of governance standards that sit within the CPA to which County Cricket organisations will be held accountable. This governance framework represents one aspect of the CPA Standards. In practice, the Club already complies with most of these requirements but a small number of modifications to our governance processes are appropriate.
The proposed amendments to the Club Rules concern the following areas:
- Board and Board Committees – composition, appointment processes and term limits
- Requirements for Special General Meetings
- Maximum Membership Numbers
- Requirements for candidates for General Committee
- Updating in respect of the use of technology in Membership communications, gender references, and removal of obsolete clauses.
We have therefore arranged two consultation events at which Members will have an opportunity to understand more about the background and detail of the proposed amendments. These events will take place on:
Tuesday 15th March at 8am – 9:30am in the John Major Room (attending: Chair Richard Thompson, CEO Steve Elworthy, Honorary Treasurer Martin Eadon, Finance Director Andrew Lane, Company Secretary Callum Doyle)
Bacon Sandwiches, Pastries and Hot Drinks will be provided.
Wednesday 16th March at 6pm to 7:30pm in the Long Room (attending: CEO Steve Elworthy, Honorary Treasurer Martin Eadon, Finance Director Andrew Lane, Company Secretary Callum Doyle)
Bar snacks and Drinks will be provided.
Members are also invited to attend the Annual General Meeting on:
Tuesday 26th April at 6pm in the England Club (further details will be communicated in March).