Please note that these events have now been cancelled due to too few sign-ups. If you would like to discuss these consultations and the Club Rules changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surrey County Cricket Club will be holding two briefings for Members prior to the upcoming Annual General Meeting, in order to explain the resolution for amendments to the Club Rules.
These briefings will take place at 8am and 6pm on Wednesday 20th April, in the Alcock Room.
The amendments are required to ensure that:
- The Club Rules are appropriate and relevant to the current scale of the Club and its activities and to the environment in which it operates.
- We have governance processes which best serve the mission and interests of the Club and its Members.
- We comply with the ECB County Partnership Agreement. The County Partnership Agreement determines the roles and funding distributions between ECB and its County partners. As part of these agreements, the ECB has developed a set of governance standards that sit within the CPA to which County Cricket organisations will be held accountable. This governance framework represents one aspect of the CPA Standards. In practice, the Club already complies with most of these requirements but a small number of modifications to our governance processes are appropriate.
The proposed amendments to the Club Rules concern the following areas:
- Board and Board Committees – composition and appointment processes
- Maximum Membership Numbers
- Requirements for candidates for General Committee
- Updating in respect of the use of technology in Membership communications, gender references, and removal of obsolete clauses
Following consultations with Members in March, the Club can confirm that no amendment to the Rules is now proposed concerning requirements for Special General Meetings.
We have arranged two briefing events at which Members will have an opportunity to understand more about the background and detail of the proposed amendments. These events will take place on Wednesday 20th April at 8am and 6pm in the Alcock Room. At the breakfast meeting, Bacon Sandwiches, Pastries and Hot Drinks will be provided. At the evening meeting, buffet food will be provided as well as drinks.
The current Club Rules can be downloaded here.
The markup of the Rules, highlighting the proposed amendments, can be downloaded here.
Members looking to attend can register their attendance by emailing Membership@surreycricket.com, and should include their Membership number in all communications.
The Alcock Room is on the third floor of the Micky Stewart Members’ Pavilion. Please arrive via the John Edrich Gate and proceed to the Members entrance and up to the third floor. There are lifts available for those with accessibility requirements.